Tuesday 9 December 2014

THE HUNTER AND THE GHOST STORY



A poor hunter went about his daily routine job of animal  hunt in the  forest. He got tired and decided to rest his tired bones under a tree.
close to where he sat, a strange noise ran through his ear drum. he  got up and searched for what's disturbing and saw a dancing bottle beside the tree.
He  opened the bottle to see the disturbing cricket but contrary to what he thought, a thick black smoke emanated and rose to  the sky to form  a ghost with a long beard.The hunter was stoned a fright as he quickly threw away the bottle.
  “Give me some work or I shall eat you up.” cried the ghost . “What sort of work do you want ?” asked the hunter in panic, trying to be bold.
“Any kind of work,” the ghost replied. “You let me out from the bottle, so you have to give me work to do. I must keep working, day and night. The moment you stop giving me work, I shall eat you up.”
“Take me to my house then,”  said the hunter. The ghost picked up the hunter. In half a second he reached his house. Again he said, “Give me some work to do or I shall eat you up.” “build me a big house,” the man said.
In a few minutes the house was ready. The ghost again said loudly, “Give me some work or I shall eat you up.”
“Get me plenty of gold, silver and jewels,” the man said. Soon the gold, silver and jewels were intact. “Give me some work or I shall eat you up,” the ghost said.
“Get me some food.” In a second the man found the table loaded with delicious food. He tried to eat, but he got no time. The ghost again said, “Give me some work or I shall eat you up.”
At a point the man got fed up and couldn't even enjoy his new found wealth.
 When night came the ghost would not let him sleep. “Give me some work or I shall eat you up,” he said.
The hunter thought of what to do and came up with an idea “Make me a tall pillar, as high as the sky. And be quick.”
In just a few minutes the ghost was back. “The pillar is ready,” he said. “Now give me some work or I shall eat you up.”
“Now listen carefully,” the man said. “Climb up the pillar till you reach the top. Then climb down till you reach the earth. Then climb up to the top and come down again. Keep on doing so till I tell you to stop. And mind you don’t waste anytime.”
The ghost was very happy, for he now had plenty to do. He went up the pillar, came down, went up, came down. He went on doing so.
The man watched for some time. Then he went inside and ate the food the ghost had brought. After that he went off to sleep.
Next morning he got up and went outside. He saw the ghost going up and down the pillar all the time. The man was very happy.
 days turned months . The ghost kept on going up and down the pillar. At a point he got little tired. “Please sir,” he said to the man, “may I stop now ? I have been going up and down the pillar for a month.”
"No you cant" replied harshly the hunter.
Another three months passed. Now the ghost was really tired. “Sir,” he said, “I can’t do it any more. I must stop now.”
“You can stop on one condition,” the  said. You must go away from here, and never come back.”
“I promise,” the ghost said.
“Very well, you may stop now. the ghost stopped and disappeared into the thin air.
lesson;
Be quick to devise a way out in every  difficulty
Every challenge in life has an expiry date.

0 comments:

Post a Comment