Sunday 17 May 2015

THE FOX AND THE VILLAGERS


A terrible fox that had long been  a threat to the  village poultry yard was one day found lying breathless in a field. 


The report was soon spread abroad that, after all, he had been caught and killed by some one. In a moment, everybody in the village came out to see the dead fox.
 The village champion rooster, with all his hens and chicks, was also there, blabbing and  adding to the scene.

Contrary to their wish and prophesy, the fox got up, and, shaking off his drowsiness, said, " Oh!I ate a number of hens and chicks last night; hence I must have slumbered longer than usual."

The cock quickly counted his hens and chicks, and found out that some were missing. "Alas!" said the rooster, "how is it I did not know of it?" "My dear sir," said the fox, as he retreated to the wood, "it was last night I had a good meal on your hens and chicks, yet you did not know of it, so how come you got to know i was dead and spread it that soon just a moment ago they found me lying in the field?


Moral
Bad news travels fast!
We tend to pay more attention to what we want to hear
If it bleeds, it leads

0 comments:

Post a Comment